Regular Korean Program (RKP)
Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), South Korea
Course at a glance:
Type of School:Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)
Type of Education:Korean Language Training
Campus:HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES CAMPUS
Duration:Approx. 8 weeks/session
English Lecture (%):100%
Note:Insurance fee and field trip cost included
Field of Study:
Tuition Fee :₩ 1,600,000 KRW
$ 1,344 USD
Application Fee :₩ 60,000 KRW
$ 50 USD
- *(2022-01-16 USD 1 = 1,190 KRW ECB standard)
The Regular Korean Program (RKP) is suitable for application preparation for degree programs in Korean universities, as well as language improvement.
- Feature: Language learning for academic purpose and culture acquisition
- Session : Six sessions/year (Approx. 8 weeks/session)
- Level: Level 1 (Beginner) to Level 6 (Advanced)
- Class hour: 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week, 8 weeks/session, approx.200 hours in total
2. Program schedule
2019 Program schedule
- Application Period : May 2-27 / Program Start - End : Jun 26 - Aug 14
- Application Period : July 1-26 / Program Start - End : Sep 2 - Oct 25
- Application Period : Sep 2-27 / Program Start - End : Oct 30- Dec 24
- Application Period : Nov 1-29 / Program Start - End : Jun 6, 2020 - Feb 26, 2020
1) Ones admitted from SLI Admission Committee are able to enroll in our program.
2) Our application process is only available during the period announced in #2.
3) Our application period may be closed earlier than the deadline if the number of admitted applicants exceeds the enrollment capacity,
4) Ones admitted will be notified with a tuition invoice. The tuition payment deadline is within 7 days from the day of the admission notice.
5) Admittees currently staying in the country must notify us at the time of admission.
3. Class size
1) The number of students in each class is limited to 10 to 15, for lecture quality.
2) Class schedule
- 9AM ~ 3 PM (Lunch break : 11:20am - 12:30pm)
4. Field Trip
Students join cultural activities to have a hands-on cultural experience.
We proudly use "Sungkyun Korean (성균한국어)", authored and reviewed by our faculty members and published by SKKU publishing team. Available at SKKU bookstore. Our textbook package for each level consists of 2 books:
1) Voca/Grammar and
Level placement test and Orientation
1) All new students are asked to take 2 tests: a pre-test AND a Level Placement Test. Pre-test is a part of SLI Application form.
A level placement test is mandatory, offered on the first day of a session. A student’s level is finally decided upon a combination of those two scores. NO makeup test.
2) The orientation is held on the first day of a session.
HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES CAMPUS:
Sungkyunkwan-ro, Myeongnyun 3(sam)ga-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea